The Black Box Pi software is still hobby-level software, but with our extensive getting started guides, you can be up and running with just a few simple commands.
- GPS logging
- Status page on the Pi displays system information
- Runs silently in background. No need to turn on a smartphone app to record your driving. Anytime your car is on, the Black Box Pi is running.
- Auto-sync – The Pi syncs its data to the cloud any time it’s connected to the internet
- Modular – Plug in any sensors you wish, which will be included in the future but can be easily added: OBD2 reader, dash cam, compass, 3 axis accelerometer, temperature, etc.
- Open source – All the Pi’s car black box software and also the server API it connects to is on GitHub
- Easily available commercial hardware
- Everything can be bought from Amazon
- Cheap components. No special purpose or custom made pieces.